Community Service/Volunteer Programs
Jodi Miller believes that we all should participate in community service volunteer programs. The following are just a few that Wild Dog Training participates in:
Wild Dog Training believes that we all should participate in Community Volunteer Service Programs. It is important to "give" to your Community, it makes it a better place to live while helping others. Wild Dog Training is involved in several Programs throughout the Community of Brevard, here are a few of them.
1) College Walk Retirement Community has several levels of care and independent living for Elders. Wild Dog Training does a demonstration Program every month in the Auditorium, bringing Dogs that are in training for CGC Certification. Obedience and visitation are the fun elements !!
2) Wild Dog Students that are 3 level Certified CGC visit the College Walk Assisted Living Residence every Wednesday and Friday. These Volunteers and Dogs are working towards National Therapy Dog Certification. All different breeds bring smiles and cuddles to the Elders.
3) The Rise and Shine after school Program integrates with Wild Dog Training once a week during the school year. Children ages 7-14 come to Wild Dog Training and read to a dog! All dogs have had obedience training and are great with kids. This is fun and creates wonderful relationships with the kids.
4) Rise and Shine Summer Program is during the month of July. Children from the Program come to Wild Dog Training and learn how to Train and work with Dogs. A delightful performance comes at the end !!
5) Kingsbridge House is a Memory Care unit in Brevard. The Wild Dog 5 Paws Therapy Group visit every week. The Residents love our visits and look forward to our happy fabulous Dogs !!!
6) The Oaks is a Memory Care/Rehab Center mixed with several levels of Patient Care. Wild Dog 5 Paws Therapy group visits once every week with our Certified Therapy Dogs. It is our Pleasure to bring such joy and delight to the Healthcare of each Patient.
7) The Child Advocacy Center in Brevard is an important service to our community. Jodi Miller Trainer has her Dog "ANU" double Certified Therapy Dog, for the Center. Anu is present in the Interviewing room with each child to help keep them calm and supported. Susan Huter, Director is Certified to work with ANU.
-Wild Dog Training Volunteer Activities -
Child Advocacy Center - Certified Therapy Dog working in forensic room for interviews to relieve stress for children
College Walk Independent Living - Canine lobby visitations every Wednesday & Friday at 10am
College Walk Assisted Living - Canine visits at the fireplace Wednesday & Friday at 10am
The Oaks - Memory Care Unit - Canine visits every other Friday at 9am
The Oaks - Rehabilitation/Medical Unit - Canine visits every other Friday at 9am
Rise and Shine Summer Program - Children ages 7-14 working/interacting with dogs [Tuesdays]
1. SAFE of Transylvania County
2. The Cindy Platt Boys & Girls Club of Transylvania County
3. Brevard College
4. Summer Education Programs
All volunteer dogs are extremely well-trainined. If you are interested in you and your dog participating with these volunteer programs, please call Wild Dog Training to find out about training classes to begin.